Health insurance, also known as private medical insurance, or private health care, allows you to receive private medical treatment for a certain amount of money. You might ask yourself why should you consider private health care when you can get free health care from the NHS – here are a list of options that private health care usually covers:
- Treatment and care – Should you fall ill or be injured.
- 24/7 Support – with 24/7 telephone access for many nurses and counsellors, we’re here for you around the clock.
- Control over your health service – choose when and where you’re treated.
- No matter what stage of life you’re at – whether you’re retired or raising a family.
- Helping you stay healthy every day – get expert advice on eating healthily, getting exercise, and managing long-term conditions.
We also offer cover for families and couples, as well as individual policies. If your loved one’s health is at risk, NHS waiting lists can make their healthcare process even more stressful for the whole family. Health Insurance can also help with other restrictions the NHS may have, such as access to certain drugs.
There are many different types of policy available, which is great if you’re looking for a custom level of cover, but it can make finding that perfect level of protection confusing. That’s why the Heath Insurance team make the process of comparing private healthcare as simple as possible, by shopping the market for you and advising you on some of the best cover options to suit your circumstances.
Health insurance is designed to complement the NHS rather than replace it. In other words, it’s used for planned, not emergency treatment. Depending on the level of cover that you choose, you can receive access to eligible diagnosis and treatment for new conditions.